Sunday, July 8, 2012

Edgewood Summer Eve

Looking West towards my garden and the Sandia Mountains





Contact: Email me!     
Art Web Site:   TEXT









Summer in New Mexico is a magical time that lengthens the days and moves into
golden light during the evening hours.  I had spent this particular Sunday with my
partner, Bill, digging a trench around my studio that flooded with the last monsoon
downfall.  Hot and dirty work, I was relieved to take a shower and have some dinner.
But the light and garden beckoned me outdoors again with my camera to wander my
property and take pictures.

I began snapping pictures of my front garden but soon decided I needed to ex-
periment with other ideas.  My truck caught my eye and I had one of my "Ah Ha"
moments as I looked through my camera pointed at the truck windows and
responded to the imagery of the reflections that captured wonderful dualities of
figure, landscape and truck anomalies.  Next I shot the chrome behind the side mirrors
that also distorted shape and image. Other parts of the truck also created various piece-
meal parts of me and what was behind me.  I was happy.

Truck Fun!


More Truck Fun!

Moving on to the back of my property, I explored the flowers, mint, lilac, and pond.  Tall
mullin, lambs ears, salvia, hollyhock, red hot pokers, and my stone forms begged for attent-
ion from my camera.  Every few weeks Bill and I take a trip over to our friends, Deb and
Chuck to haul more rocks from their property to ours.  They have an abundance of granite
that permeates their land and ends up on ours.  I love arranging each rock shape in the
garden. The rocks tend to disappear as the garden grows in Spring and Summer.

                                           Red Hot Pokers and Pond                                                   
Back Garden and Pond


As I was taking pictures, my goats and horse came over to the fence to beg for a "nibble"
of greens and watch my peculiar activities.  My dogs were also afoot but hard to photo-
graph.  The evening shadows appeared as I meandered over to scratch some heads and
turn my camera to the barn yard. 

Barnyard


Abbakiss and Ziggy Starman

As the sun continued to slip lower in the vast sky, my shadows "accosted" me.  I began
to pose on my house wall.   I felt like I was in an old silent movie show.

My "Movie Show"
It was a lovely evening in Edgewood.


No comments:

Post a Comment